http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax

Monday, August 28, 2006

I found a Doctor!!!!!
I was fed up all weekend I dont want to leave my house unless I absolutly have to. So this morning I printed off a list of dermatologist from my insurance company and crossed off all the docs in that practice that said oct was the earliest they could get me in. I found a doctor in Portland he is an md and and dermatologist and he had a cancellation at 2:3o TODAY!!!!
I took it. Ray is home today because it is his birthday so when he gets off the boat from fishing he is going to bring me some shorts and sneakers and my truck, he had to use it to hall the boat. I cant wait I'm so excited I know it will take awhile to grow the hair back but to just get some answers and something to stop the itch my legs are so raw that pants hurt.
I'll post tonight when I get home and let you know what happens.

UPDATE: @ 5:30
I went to the doc he confirmed it is phoriasis and an odd case he thinks its reacting to the remicade is a weird way especially since remicade is used to treat phoriasis in some people. he gave me 3 different meds one is a foam to put on my head twice a day, one is a really strong hydrocotizone cream for the sores and an antihistamine (sp) to take before bed for the itching. he wants to see me back in two weeks and said if it isnt better he will biopsy one of the sores. He was really nice he said let me ask you is the remicade helping with the crohns I told him yes it is so he said ok we are going to find a way to make the psoriasis better without taking you off the remicade then. which I thought was really considerate of him. I swear I was in and out of there in 15 minutes. And that other place couldnt do the same thing until Oct who are they kidding anyways. I feel so much better now I mean I'm still bald in placesand all itchy and scaly all over but I seam to have found a doc that gives a shit. So that is my news thank you everyone for your support I have been a wreck the last couple of weeks I'm sure it showed so thanks for sticking with me.
oh one other thing he told me if I can take a couple of days off from work and get some sun, it seems sunlight and uv light is one of the best cures for phoriasis. I cant take time off but I will try to find a tanning bed place close to work I get an hour might as well try it. but who would have ever thought a dermatologist would say get some sun not stay out of it. So I guess he is less worried about skin cancer than he is about the phoriasis.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Woot! That is such good news. Take care and remember, positive thoughts.
Tammy

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Keep us posted! I hope the doctor/derm can help you and soon!

Hugs

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you foud a dr that had an opening and that actually seemed to know (and care) what was going on!
I hope the new medicines work for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home