http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: 4th weekend stuff

Thursday, July 06, 2006

4th weekend stuff

Well its been a week and not much has changed. We had a wonderful time camping, it sprinkled just a little overnight Saturday and just for 5 minutes on Tuesday morning other than that it was beautiful weather. We caught a bunch of fish none were big enough to keep according to the rule book but that didnt matter we had fun. Every night we sat around the campfire making samores and joking around we went to bed when we were tired and got up when we wanted. Man was it tough getting Michael to bed early Tuesday night for daycare on wednesday. He was crappy at night and again in the morning he just didnt want to get up. Thats what I get for messing with his schedule. Below is a picture of the cabin we rented at everygreens campground in Solon, Maine. They offered a wonderful feature for us. We had brought up our canoe and what they did is picked you up at the other end of a nine mile trip for $15 gave us all a ride and brought the canoe back in a truck. The trip was so nice that we did it on Monday and Tuesday. Monday it took us 4 hours and Tuesday we gave ourselves 6 hours we stopped on a bunch of islands to fish and we caught a few nice ones. We had lunch on one island it was just a nice relaxing weekend that we all needed as a family. We had absolutely no phone signals up there, no television nothing. We did give my grandmother the number for the campground just in case something happened to papa but nothing did really.
He took a big turn for the worse on Sunday they had to put the morphine pump back on and he has been complely unresponsive since. Its only a matter of days now. Yesterday I went over to the VA 3 times I would work for awhile go check on meme then go back to work. I stopped on my way home too. I dont know what I'm going to do with my lunch hour when he passes Ive been going there every day for the last 4 months I'm gonna be lost. Well I'm gonna leave you today with a few pictures of our trip Enjoy. oh there are some other pictures on the right just go to the my photo album box I have a few more to load and if I can figure out how a video of us playing the river. The current was so strong all you had to do was go out 15 feet and lift you legs up the current would do the rest we had someone on the other end to grab mike he was between 2 of us nobody wanted to do it with just him in case you slipped there was no way we were going to swim and catch him so check to see that.
Later.
the cabin we somehow got upgraded to a big cabin instead of a small one story one and we didnt complain.













here is the fish I caught














here is Michaels fish he cast and reeled it in all by himself.Ray had to help him hold it cuz it was a slippery little bugger

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I don't think comments can be left due to comment approval, but your vacation sounds heavenly. Are cabins expensive?

I lost my father last September and he was in the hospital for a while. It's a tough thing to go through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home