http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: busy busy

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

busy busy

We had a really busy weekend around here it wasnt like we even had any time off the way it went. Friday night we went out for a couple of drinks, Michael wanted to spend the night at jamies and we did not argue.
Saturday morning I went to Deering lumber to get the wood for the side porch/stairs we had to build, they were very helpful, but when I got home one of the steps was broken on the end and it was 945 so I rushed back to exchange it. Then had to run and pick up Mike for tball at 1030. After tball our buddy mark and I built a 4x4 platform and stairs for the side door, Ray was at work. It took us allll day,in the sun we both got really sunburnt neither one of us had ever built anything before ever, and I have to say we did a damn good job. Ray got home for the very last board to be put in.
I made the boys dinner and crashed hard,
Sunday morning we got up and started painting the big deck and the new one. The damn park said it had to better match the house. I have to say it really looks good now that its done, all we have left is to put up the new lattace in the front kinda like a privacy screen from the street. to make the park happy we still have to put the siding up on our shed.
After we went up to the boat so the deck could dry. I completely rewired the entire boat, put in a fuse panel and everything it was a mess under the dash every wire was spliced and jumped to each other now its nice and neat. When I got all done the boat wouldnt start Ray was blaming me thinking I messed with the ignition but I didnt. Luckily one of the guys I work with lives not to far from my mom he came up and told us it was a starter cylinoid. So we changed that and put in the new steering cable. Now we have another problem if you turn the wheel right it goes left and turn left it goes right. mmmm not electrical not my fault again. We called the boat yard today and they have to order a piece to make it right it should be in tomorrow I hope. So anyways Monday ray is determined to take the boat out even if the steerng is messed up. But guess what it ran great last time and this time we couldnt get it to stay running at all I almost didnt think we would make it back to the launch it was actually kinda scary for a couple of minutes. not as scary as driving the damn trailer home though. Now keep this in mind the bearing are worn in my truck so when I started hearing this loud grinding noise I thought for sure that I had blown a bearing in the truck and pulled over quick, Nope it was the bearing in the trailer it had blown completely apart no more little balls in the hub. I got it backed into the driveway but there it sits now.
So guess what I'm doing for the next few days, Ray took the carburator out so we can have that rebuilt, the steering parts are on order, I have to get my truck fixed, we have to buy all new bearings in the trailer and install, plus mike has tball, we need to install the lattice on the deck, I need to send out my next secret pal gift, I need to bring mike up to visit papa of course that is when he is having a good day if there are any more left, all this plus we are both working can you say we really need more hours in the day.

Thank you for the kind words for my papa, he is still hanging on but its inevitable that the end is near and it hurts but there is nothing I can do about it except keep telling him that I love him till the end.

4 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I came here from Sheri's Blog. Your life sounds so like mine ... always busy, always fixing something. I am also a knitter. Haha. LOVE the bunny guest counter!

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to comment. I am sorry you are having so many diffiiculties right now. I will pray for you and your father and hope he will have a peaceful passing. I am just learning how to knit and also do 3d archery which is why i started reading your blog. I shoot a compound and my husband and son shoot recurves, my daughthers also shoot compounds. Keep up the good work on your blog, I know lots of people lurk and not many people comment that is just how people are. We are out west in arizona.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hang in there Michelle. Your vacation spot looks gorgeous, which I was coming with you we could do some spinning together. Take care, Tammy

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I just scanned down to read about your father. I lost my father this year. You will definitely be in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home