http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: SP8 questionnaire

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SP8 questionnaire

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS FOR MY SP8 QUESTIONNAIRE I WILL DO A REGULAR POST WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK it has been a hell of a busy week.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I only have one do not like and that is lion brand home spun I learned on it and now hate how it splits.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
my last pal make me a beautiful needle case.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for almost 2 years, and I think I’m about an intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes its in my sidebar (hope it works)
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like anything NOT avon for some reason they make me sneezy must be cuz my grandmother wore so much of it.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
who doesn’t, I love taffy and fudge.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I make candles out of mason jars for craft fairs and I bought a spinning wheel last year.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I mostly listen to 80’s hair bands, but will listen to anything I can understand the words too and have recently started listening to piano music.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like autumn colors best for my house, and blue and pink are my favorites to wear.no purple please I just cant do purple
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have been married to Ray for almost 6 years, and have two kids a 15 year old daughter, and a 5 year old son. She will be 16 in June and he will be 6 in September.we have some fish and a guinea pig.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, yes, yes, and yes
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
when I go to appointments I usually bring a dishcloth cuz its small to carry and I don’t have to think about what I’m making.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am currently working on a sweater for me this time and its taking forever its real lacey I think I was nuts when I decided to try this one.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Who doesn’t.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I’m slowly switching to bamboo instead of aluminum, and slowly trying circular I just haven’t gotten the hang of it yet.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I bought a yarn winder last month to use for my spinning.
17. How did you learn to knit?
a wonderful lady I used to work with taught me to knit on our lunch breaks.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I started one sock about a year ago and never got the hang of getting the corners tight so I gave up on it.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
I like the 4th of July we all go on a family camping trip it’s a nice weekend that I always look forward to not stressful like the big holidays.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect moose and black bear things we are an outdoorsy family
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I get spin out and knit it magazines, I really want knitting rules by the yarn harlot and knitting around by Elizabeth Zimmerman, oh and Big Girl knits by Martin Story.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I saw a woman in boston knitting two socks on one circular needle and have never been able to find a pattern to do that and I have looked and searched all over.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
no I started one once and it was coming out like crap so I quit I would love to have some of those cool homemade socks I see on everyones blogs if I ever found the pattern from the ? above I might be tempted to try again. My shoe size is a womans 8-8.5 I’ve never actually measured my foot.
24. When is your birthday?
(mm/dd) December 9th

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There,
I'm your SP8 and you are going to get spoiled rotten!!!
Keep an eye on your mail in the next couple of weeks for your first surprise.
Your SP8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home