http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: another bad day

Friday, May 19, 2006

another bad day

Do you have close friends that live nearby--I don’t, I have friends but they live far away Did you ever really need a shoulder to cry on and not have one- I do. My darling hubby is not the shoulder crying on type he just isn’t he’ll pat you on the back for a minute than go find something else to do. This has just been an awful week. Between the rain and papa I really did needed the added stress that just got plopped in my lap.
My daughter is 15 she is a good kid, a great sister but she is lazy, she lives with her dad who has never pushed her well we got called into the school today for her attendance they waited till two weeks before the end of the year to tell us she will not get any credits for her sophomore year that she missed 75 out of 145 days of school. Her father never made her go if she said she didn’t have classes she stayed in bed, if she had a headache and ass-ache whatever he didn’t push her I blame him as much as her. And now they say she will have to main stream next year instead of special ed if she comes back cuz she hates her teacher and he is it in the special ed part of the school its him or nothing. So we all meet today she has the rest of the year off and they suggested adult ed or alternative ed which is mon-thur 9-3 I bet that to many hours for her she only had to go this year from 8-1030 and she wouldn’t do that. I’ll call about that later but this morning I called the adult ed department guess what she cant go to adult ed in the diploma program until she is 17 she will be 16 in June. I am not letting her take another year off she will never go back if she does that. Now I’m calling around and seeing what my options are but lets just say this sucks you want so much for your kids, picture them going to prom and homecoming etc I asked her do you really want to miss all that, and got I don’t give a shit about that stuff, I told her when she is my age she will regret not going, her response, so what. Its enough to pull your hair out.
Yesterday wasn’t any better we got a letter from the manager of the moble home park where we live with a list of violations we have at out house. We have 7 days to pick up all the toys in the yard, put the shovels and rakes in a shed, build new stairs on one side of the house and put railing on the other side, paint the deck a color that better goes with the house and get this we have 20 days to side our 12x12 shed with vinel siding, can you believe this shit where the hell are we going to come up with the money for all of this. We have a boat for sale in our yard that they said has to be moved or get rid of and we need to fix the grass that was damaged wait a fucken minute we planted that grass there wasn’t any there when we moved in. oh and we have to pressure wash the green off the skirting by next weekend too.
So the plan is pressure wash the deck to prep for painting and wash the house, build new stairs and clean this weekend, that is going around the fishing derby, t-ball and a ball game we have tickets for already on Sunday. Then next sunny day rent a paint sprayer for the deck I’m not painting it by hand, I just called the park and she extended the siding deadline until july 1st but still that is a lot of money. Ray is ugly he wants to sell but we cant really afford to go anywhere else for the kind of money we are paying so we have to put up with there shit.
My stress level is thru the roof everytime I talk to someone I start to cry but try hard not to. I do think that is what I really need though a good 10 minute sob fest and call it good but I cant do it. I just don’t have time.
Sorry for the long vent but this is the only place I can do this to get just a little relief.
I better get back to work so I don’t get into trouble I’m typing this in word so all I have to do is cut and paste it into blogger.
Hope your weekend is going to be better than mine. Later.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

omg - what a time you are having!! I have no advice about your daughter. It's so hard to tell them anything... most of the time they think parents don't have a clue. um... hello..... we were teenagers once too and have a pretty good idea what you're going through.

I hope things improve. Your park seems pretty stringent with the rules. I hope the rain holds off so you can get some of that outside stuff done.

ALl the best and you know you have my shoulder if you need it.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Awww I am so sorry you are going through all that....that really sucks. You'd think the school would have let you know something way before now. Your daughter's dad needs his balls cut off. But what can you do?

I am so sorry about all the stuff going on at the park. I was always stressed out when we lived in an apartment, nothing ever went right. It's a shame you guys can't get an acre or half of land somewhere to move the mobile home. Having your own property would diminish a lot of the stress right off the bat.

I know I haven't been around much, but I wish I was closer; I need more friends close by, too. My hubby is the same way.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shell!!! Why didn't you call me?!?! I know I live far away but you could have called me, I would have litened to you, you know that.
I am going to try like hell to come up there as soon as the money gets here, hopefully wthin the next few weeks and the doc says I can go.

Please call me when you feel this way. I know, I am usually sleeping but the boys know to wake me up for you.
I feel so bad I'm not there with you right now. :(

Kat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home