http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: Gilman Hamer 1922-2006

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Gilman Hamer 1922-2006

Are we being Tested Please tell me I quit no more test how much is one couple surposed to take. There are way to many questions and we didnt study for this damn thing. Pleas make all this crazinest stop. I cant cry any more my eyes are puffy the tears feel like fire my nose is all red. I'm going to keep the sleeping pill people in work thats for sure thank you makers of ambien for the few good nights sleep you have provided. Let me explain why I'm all emotional just when we thought it was over.
another great man has pasted Thursday night as it seemed things were getting back to normal Ray and I went to the Bon Jovi concert at Gillette stadium that I won tickets to three months ago Just as Nickleback left the stage Ray's sister called and said that Grampa's kidney were shutting down we might want to come down to Mass. Well since we were in foxboro when the show got out we slept for an hour in the truck waiting for traffic to let up then drove to new bedford where they live. We got there at 2 am and spent the rest of the night in the truck let me just say its not a comfortable sleeping truck thats for sure.
Rays uncle flew in from Texas Thursday also, so both uncles and his mom were all there together for the first time in 30 years. His sister came over late morning. When we in to see him it was like papa all over again. His breathing was the same and everything we knew it wouldnt be long. He did realize we were there and that was good especially for Ray he was very close to grampa growing up. We drove home around 2 and it took us 4 hours instead of the usual 2.5 with the boston tunnel being closed.
This morning Ray's mom called me at 7:30 and said that grampa passed sometime around 3. Grandma had a bed set up next to him and when she woke up he wasnt breathing so he went very quietly in his sleep. She went and got Ray's mom and they called the hospess people.
The hardest thing is going to be telling Michael that his other grampa is gone the poor little guy he just lost papa and now grampa. He is a very unusual child when I told him papa had passed he got mad he wasnt there when they buried him and didnt get to go to the church so Ray is going to tell him tomorrow and let Mike make the decision. Its only going to be a small mass and family only buriel and its closed casket not like papa. Grampa wanted no drama at all small and simple so thats what he gets.
I leave you now with some pictures of grampa Hamer the sweetest most crafty man I have every know.blogger is acting funny I could only get one photo to take I'll add more later when it will let me.

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Lord Sweetie, I am so sorry.

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shell, I'm so sorry. :(


Kat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home