http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: Good news bad news

Monday, October 24, 2005

Good news bad news

Well the good news I didn't suffer for two days not eating for nothing. I went in for the test today but the bad news he found what it was. I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease. There is no know cure but at least I have an answer and I wasn't imagining it. He put me on two different scripts. One is once a day the other is 4 times a day. Something about my white blood cells here is a quote
With a sufferer of Crohns Disease their immune system wrongfully declares war on healthy bacteria, food, and other materials located in the intestine, confusing healthy matter for foreign unhealthy invading matter. The body's response is to send backup support, which is in the form of white blood cells into the lining of the intestine, which results in chronic inflammation


Rite aid just called figures one of the meds they are having a hard time getting. The manufacture will only send out 30 day supplies per person, per pharmacy. So it will be in within 2-3 days. I have to go back to the doc within 2 weeks no matter what cuz he wants to check my white blood count. I cant get out of it but he did say to call and request that I get the last appointment of the day which is usually 4:45 So hopefully my new boss will understand I hate to ask on my first week there but I think he would understand. I start next Monday I cant wait. I was thinking when I find out how long my lunch break is I might be able to make it to the docs get blood drawn and get back within 45 min so if I have an hour lunch I should be ok to do this. I hope.
Ok they drugged me pretty good and my throat is killing me I just ate my fill and I'm going to take a nap. See ya.

2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Keep your chin up...it'll all work out.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

Take your medication, and focus on getting well.
I had Crohns disease.... but now I don't have it at all. I have been "cured" even though they say there is no cure. I know a lot of people who have cured themselves, through positive thinking (really!) and a determination to take control of their lives.
Don't be a victim... many Crohn's sufferers are victims, and blame themselves for many things.
Don't blame yourself, just change the way you look at things and be very strong.
Once you can take control of your mind, you can also control your body.
Trust me, it works!!!!
Good luck.
DeborahJane
(see my recipe blog for when you get better:
deborahjane.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home