http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: secret pal 7 questioner

Sunday, January 08, 2006

secret pal 7 questioner

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I really like any yarn. I am learning to love working with wool.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I would love to spin and my mother in law just gave me a bunch of crochet hooks even tho she knows the only thing I can do is make a single chain I think I'm going to buy a book.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A lady I work with make me a needle holder that you roll up when I was first learning and I have already outgrown it I really need something to put circular needles in as I'm starting to get quite a few lately.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting a little over a year, I would consider myself in between intermediate and advanced.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an amazon wish list here

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like anything NOT avon. For some reason Avon perfume makes me sneeze.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Candy who doesnt like candy. I dont really have a favorite, well maybe I love peeps at easter and turtles mmmmmmm.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make lamps from mason jars and did ceramics for many years.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like any music that I can understand the words to, so no hip hop new stuff, I listen to mp3s alot when my husband is watching football and I'm in my recliner knitting.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like reds,blues,black,white,fall colors and I cant stand purple reminds me of barny

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with two children 15 & 5. we have one guinea pig named Jesse.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I live in Maine we wear scarves, hats and mittens 3/4 of the year. I have one poncho that my MIL made me I wear alot.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I have found I really like merino classic wool but I really haven't tried many of the fancier stuff I'm afraid I would become addicted and not be able to afford it.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I learned on lion brand homespun and now I cant stand it, it splits soo easy it now drives me nuts to work with.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I dont really have an obsession its ice fishing season so I just made a bunch of hats for my husband and some of his friends. I really want to make myself a shrug I have a bunch of sleeveless shirts that would be put to good use if I had something to keep my arms warm.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
dont really have one I knit all kinds of different things from toys to scarves.

17. What are you knitting right now?
a hat for a friend

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
who doesnt they are the best kind because someone took the time to make it no matter what it is.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I like both it really depends on what I'm making.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am slowly turning my collection over to bamboo from aluminum I tried plastic once but really didnt like it.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
considering I dont know what a swift is nope I dont have one.

22. How did you learn to knit?
a lady I worked with became my knitting buddy.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
when I was first learning I started a sock yup one sock cuz I thought the self coloring stuff was cool but I never finished it the kneedles were so small and I was just learning so I got fustrated. My last secret pal gave me some sock yarn that I really want to get up the nerve to try I keep picking it up, its so pretty But I'm scared.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
eeyor is my favorite cartoon character and my favorite animal is the moose must be a Maine thing.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
I like the 4th of July, its warm and we go camping and there isn't a hundred things to do before hand just a nice weekend with the family fishing at some lake.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
I am doing my kitchen in moose things and my bathroom with black bear stuff.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I dont have any mags of my own the lady that taught me how to knit used to share hers with me but I switched jobs and now I have none :(

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I would like to try some of the fancier yarns angoria, alpacia etc. but I'm not picky at all I'm more practical.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to learn two socks at the same time on one circular needle not one sock on two needles. I saw a lady making two on one at the boston knit out and it was really neat I cant find a pattern anywheres on line.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I wish I was a sock knitter hows that. I wear a size 8 shoe if that helps.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
December 9th it just went by.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wishlist is here actually.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/104-7084486-0875900?%5Fencoding=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=1JA6MKEX7RHNQ
Kat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home