http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax

Monday, January 22, 2007

Remicade Rip off.
do you want to know why insurance cost sooo much now in this country I found out why by doing some research. I told my doc how much hospital A was charging so he asked my for an itemized price sheet from them.
they sent it before the insurance discount $12,078.60 with the discount it was about $10,800 the doc called me friday afternoon he called hospital B their price same dosage and everything is about $7000. before discount
I made a few calls myself today to different places the cost at hospital C's iv center right next to my work is aprox $4500. before the insurance discount.

I called A and asked why are they soo much they couldnt give me an answer. I then called my insurance and told them I would be going to got to C from now on to make sure I didnt need to do anything to switch and told them the cost difference for the same med at 3 different places within 20 miles of each other incredible isnt it. They said they are going to look into I doubt they will but I told them.

I started this because I was worried I would run out of insurance in 10 years at that rate every 8 weeks with a 1 mill lifetime max. I'm still amazed. So anyways my doc is going to change my appointment to go over to C and cancell A

on a lighter note Kat is coming I'm so excited I'm picking her up in NH next Monday I' going to take her boys snow tubing where we had went last week I think they will like it if they dont freeze I'm trying to borrow some boots for them so they dont get to cold. I miss them so much her boys are the most polite kids we have been best friends over 3/4 of our lives it sucks she lives so far away now but when we do get to see each other it means so much more now. She is the one true friend I have left and I cant wait to see her cant you tell.

We didnt do anything special at our house this weekend hung out on Saturday, went to church and watched football on Sunday. we missed some of the pats game to watch Rome but it didnt look like we missed much we caught the last 10 minutes just to see them lose. oh well maybe next year.


ok back to work
Later

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

My jaw drops when I hear of how much drugs/medicine costs. Let alone treatments/surgeries/etc. I am definitely a conspiracy theorist when it comes to docs/drugs/pharmaceutical companies. Most stuff is just way too expensive for these folks to not be lining their pockets with it.

I know you are so excited about getting to see Kat! I bet you two will have a blast covering all your old stomping grounds and doing the fun stuff you have planned!

Hey, do you have an email address? If so, I don't have it. But I wanted to ask you about something

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Insurance stuff blows. But at least you found a cheaper place to go.

Can't wait to see you next week!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was an article in the new york times this week about Johnson and Johnson being investigated for overcharging remicade:

http://pharmagossip.blogspot.com/2007/02/now-abbott-catch-pfizeritis-hundreds-of.html#links

 

Post a Comment

<< Home