http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax

Monday, December 18, 2006

my son made mom proud. Yesterday it was his turn to light the candles at church and he did a great job. Then he had to go up with the childrens choir and sing he is such a good little boy I just had to brag. Yes he has a tie on.




Knitting news; Did I tell you I finally finished my baby blanket I was making for my friend I am soo glad that is done. I am now making some fingerless mittens for myself it gets chilly at work. Then I'm going to make mmm I dont know something, Tomorrow night I am taking a needle felting class, my aunt is coming with me she said she was looking for something to do on Tuesdays so I asked her to tag along it should be fun.

Question: back in the 80's we used to play a card game that was really fun and I dont know the name of it. There were nine or more things you had to do the first one was something like run of 3, set of 3, one was run of 7 set of 3, 3 sets of 3, the last one was a full run, then if you got it and the others didnt they had to do that line over the object was to get all the things done first you start a new hand every time someone completes a line. we have no plans for christmas eve so my dad and his girlfriend are coming over to play cards if we can remember the rules or what it was called. I emailed my ex stepmom she is the one we got it from but she hasnt gotten back to me.

Edit:99 looks close but it doesnt have the other thing run of 5 set of 4 that this game had.

work has been crazy so I have to go. Later.

4 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh he's adorable... gonna be a heartbreaker.

Hmm, I wonder if that card game was Canasta like I used to play with my sisters.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Kat said...

You used to try and get me to play a game called nines all the time and I couldn't understand the rules.

*retard*


Kat

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Kat said...

LOL Got it, it was 99!

http://www.pagat.com/exact/99.html

Kat

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Yay for Michael's awesome day in church, and for getting that baby blanket done!

I am going to try to start knitting in the coming year. I am told it relieves stress. Not to mention there are so many more nifty things to knit than I originally thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home