http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax

Friday, November 17, 2006

Warning long boring post ahead I’m not very interesting this week :)

Monday lets see work and tae kwon do,
Tuesday work and parent teacher conference, where along with Michaels teacher we decided to get Michael tested for add/adhd, he has been having a lot of issues that just don’t seem to be curing on their own despite out best efforts the poor little bugger is struggling, you can see him wanting to do good but he just cant focus. I had discussed it with his doctor last week and the PET test should tell us in black and white whether it’s a bored thing, just a boy thing or add/adhd. The teacher also recommended a couple of books to me. She asked would you read them if I told you their names, she doesn’t know me to well, I ordered them that night they should be here today. I called the principal Wednesday to make sure the ball was rolling on getting him tested. I can be pushy about stuff when I have to.
Wednesday guess what I found a new dermatologist and he is good and cute. He actually had me put a jonny on which the other derm never did and checked out all the areas I have psoriasis. He looked at all the cream and stuff I had with me and decided to do a biopsy on one of the spots, he said that from the biopsy he should be able to tell if this is being caused by a med reaction or just plain old psoriasis. He also wants to start light therapy next week. It some kind of natural light that treats the entire body and he thought that would really help the bad areas except my scalp because there is to much hair so I have one cream I have to stay on. When I was talking to the nurse after she said she had heard that the other derm I had seen was very impersonal and didn’t touch people and I wasn’t the first person to complain about him so that made me feel good.
After the appointment I went home and waited for Ray who went to a second interview at a company in Biddeford. And guess what he got the job its more money and mon-fri no weekends we will actually be a family again. There are no benefits but I cover the insurance he is going to start a retirement on his own. And he also signed up for a welding class in April, he said he was always interested in welding so that might be his next profession, who knows I told him he should take the class whether he got the job or not just in case he doesn’t like the job once the class is done he can look around. So Wednesday afternoon we went bow hunting for a while didn’t see anything.
Thursday I got up feeling icky brought Michael to school and went to work and all of a sudden I was sick, my stomach hurt, my head hurt and I had cramps so bad in my abdomen that I was in tears. I left work at 3 picked up Michael and went to bed, he was sooo sweet he kept saying mommy can I get you anything, I called Jamie to come over and take him to see an author that was at the school. I am soo glad that Jamie has her license and can do things for me now. I went to bed at 330 and got up at 7 for some toast and went back to bed.
Today I feel a lot better I still have a cold and headache but nothing like yesterday, I was in soo much pain I thought that I was going to the E.R. I was (this) close to calling rescue thinking it was my pancreas again but luckily it went away.
This weekend we are going hunting, the kids are going to the movies and Ray is working his last weekend yeee hawwww.

Knitting notes. My spoilee secret pal got her present according to UPS and my spoiler is sending me another present I love this pal thing. I love getting mail that’s not bills. And the best thing I am almost done the baby blanket for my friend. The only thing that stinks is I have been knitting yellow/white now for 3 months and she found out Monday she is having a girl. At least the sweater and hat can be something other than yellow.

I’ll be back after the weekend.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Sounds like a good week! I like excitement, but I'll always take boring over drama or distressing types of exciting!

Sounds like the new doc is going to be so much better for you!

And Michael is such a sweetie! Good luck with all the testing and treatment for him.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger queen said...

congrats on your husband's new job and a new dermatologist!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Yeah for Ray and the new job!! I'm glad you found a new doctor. I hope he helps you more than the other one did. My sister up near Moosehead says there are so many deer this year but we haven't seen hardly any down here in southern Maine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home