http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax

Monday, December 11, 2006

Have you ever been forgotten on your birthday by your child. Well I have for the 3rd year in a row my daughter has forgotten my birthday 4 years ago she remembered because Ray needed her help getting my present. I would understand my 6 year old not knowing but she is 16. When we were on our way home Saturday she called I kinda got excited but nope she asked me to print something for her for school no mention of my birthday. I dont even want a gift I want nothing but a phone call is that to much to ask. And no I'm not going to tell her, I cried enough about it the other night.
Michael did his best to make me feel better after church yesterday he did something that brought me to tears in front of everyone. After mass every week they take the flowers off the alter and give them to someone, while I was getting us some hot cocoa and cookies Michael went up to the lady that had the flowers and asked her for one when she said why he said my sister forgot mommies birthday and I want to make her feel better. He came running up to me and said here mommy, happy birthday, I love you gave me a hug and ran off just as fast as he came. The woman he got the flower from told me the rest I think she was teary eyed too.
Kids are amazing arent they both of them made me cry this weekend for different reasons.
I'm working all week and sometime in all the busy stuff going on I have to attempt to do some shopping wish me luck.

3 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Teenagers suck. Haven't you figured this out yet? lol

I got the tree today! Thank you so much! I opened it and smelled the pine and got all teary eyed. It's beautiful. I really do love it. My house smells like Christmas now. :)


((((hugs)))


Kat

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger queen said...

Haven't checked your blog in a while... happy birthday! Sorry your daughter forgot the big day, some folks are like that. I think it's really amazing of you not to let her know: I think I'd be more petty about it.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger dan said...

shopping is a pain. especially at this time of year.

as for borthdays, i wish everybody would forget mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home