http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax

Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm sorry I didnt update about the Florida trip it took me all week to recover from loss of sleep. It was just me and Michael in the hotel so every time someone walked by I woke up. But to sum it up I dont think I would go back to Disney again not after 3 days at Universal. We had that much of a good time. The rides were modern the staff was wonderful in every way. Yeah the food was pricy but you expect that. We just had a blast Michael loved everything a couple of rides freaked him out but other than that he loved it. Believe it or not Jaws was his favorite what a riot the third time we went on he knew it by heart and was yelling shoot him, now shoot him now. We had the same worker all three times on the boat he thought Michael was a riot.
This weekend was for mommy to enjoy. Ray had the ice fishing derby in NH and he won 5th and 9th places for tagged rainbow trout yea hubby thats 150 per fish for the boat account. My mom watched Michael on Saturday so I could go to SPA in portland. I walked around and ran into a couple of friends I have met since starting to spin. We all got out wheels and sat in the hallway just gabbing with anyone who walked by. Every room was full of people. One was all venders they were kinda dissapointing I was expecting more I guess alot of machine spun stuff but of course this was my first spa so I really didnt know what to expect. One room they were doing nails and toes and then there was a room just full of spinners and knitters but it was sooo hot in there people were just setting up anywheres. They even changed the sign on one of the first floor men's rooms to women for the weekend what a riot. Every couple hours they gave away great prices. I didnt get picked all day Saturday so yesterday Ray took Michael Ice fishing and I went back to the 10 am drawing and won 10 skeins of boa yarn. well worth going back in my opinion.
The best parts of the whole weekend for me was I met some new people and I got to meet my Secret Pal from last round. I knew she lived in Mass and was a spinner so it was really neat to meet her. We chatted for a couple of minutes it was cool. Not like I'm gonna meet the person I'm spoiling this time she lives in California.
The next big event is in June up at windsor fair grounds and its kinda funny the place we went camping last July is just up the street if the weather is gonna be good I might get Ray to go camping that weekend him and michael can fish at the pond and I can go SHOPPING. Then we can both have fun.

Update on KAT she survived her second surgery she is in alot of pain I talked to her nurse yesterday a really cool bald male nurse. I met him when I went to visit her while we were in Florida. She is still in CCU for at least a couple of more days. She was sleeping so I didnt get to talk to her but he said the surgery went great the docs were really happy I will try to talk to her today or tomorrow if she is up to it.
Well its late and I have to get to work have a great day.

ps I updated my photos on the right with the florida trip. Enjoy

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Thanks for stopping by my old blog. I wasn't sure who all actually wanted to still read me, so I didn't go back and leave a forwarding address or anything there. I got you blogrolled when I made a blogspot blog, and if you want to still read me, my new url is the one associated with this comment :)

If you talk to Kat anytime soon, tell her I am wishing her a speedy recovery!

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Once the Knitting Olympics is over I'll be sending out your next package.

SP :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home