Mainiax: I'm Home

Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm Home

What a week. Thanks Kat for updating for me, even if I had a computer I would not have been able to post anything.
What happened was this, remember last week I was sick due to the meds I was on and went to the docs on Thursday. The nurse told me to stop all meds for a couple of days and see what happens, and that we would probably start them with food if we started them again and see what happens. So Tuesday I had felt great for a couple of days and said lets see what happens when I take the pill in the AM with breakfast. Around 930 am I started feeling a little nausea and called Ray to bring me some tums. He got there around 1030 and I took a couple of tums. Around 1130 I started to get some pain in my abdomen and went to the bathroom and throw up. I was planning on leaving work early anyways to go to Michaels parent/teacher conference. I told the people I work with listen I just threw up I'm going home. As I was driving home the pain was getting worse. When I got to the house I looked up the docs # and tried to call but they were at lunch. By now the pain was so bad I couldn't take it I had do something, so I got into the truck and decided to drive to the docs its half way between home and the hospital. When I got there, there was an intern in the hall I just walked through the door crying you have to help me I hurt. I don't think he knew what to make of me. He went and talked to the nurse and came to get me. I told them if they were busy just call me a rescue I cant take it anymore I don't think I can drive. The doc that was covering that office came in took one look at me and knew what it was. He said I believe you have Pancretits and we need to get you into the hospital asap this is a severe thing and you have to get treatment now. I called Katy cuz I knew Ray was way up at his buddy Tims house and it would take awhile for him to get there. I'm glad I called katy she was a big help in all ways. I had been throwing up and my pants felt all damp she kept saying its ok. When we got to the hospital they knew I was coming and had a room all ready for me. I got the johnny on and started throwing up again and again. Every time I got sick I would wet myself every woman that has kids can understand this. The nurses were great and very supportive. The big problem was is I was completely dehydrated and they couldn't get an IV in or get blood no IV no pain meds I was crying and crying please I need something Katy said enough get someone from Anesthesia to come put the IV in and get her something for the pain. The nurse finally called my doctor and he said you haven't gotten that IV in yet she said no the anesthesia dept said it would be an hour and we had a nurse from ICU try she couldn't get it in either. So he says I'll take care of it. The nurse came in and gave me a shot of Demerol in the leg no sooner did she get done than a doc from anesthesia came in a friend of the docs he said I'm only gonna try once if I don't get it I am going to have a surgeon come put a central line in (that's in the neck) luckily he got it in first try. They started pumping fluid into me me at a very high rate and were finally able to get a vein for a blood test and they also hooked up a morphine pump wow drugs on demand. This was all Tuesday afternoon by Wednesday afternoon I felt alot better but they didn't let me eat or drink anything at all they were afraid that it would irritate my pancreatis again and the pain would come back and it could cause more damage to my insides. Yesterday I didn't take any morphine all day so the doc let me try a liquid supper I have never drank something that tasted so good as that broth. This morning they brought me some eggs and a muffin my doc was laughing he thought I must still be sick cuz I thought the food was so good. After lunch today he came back and asked if I had any pain or anything and when I said no he signed my discharge papers I have never been in the hospital this long in my life, even when I broke my neck and had surgery I was only there over night. This was quite the experience one that I hope I never have to go threw again.
Thank you for my friends for all the support I just hope when I go back to work on Monday I still have a job that has been my biggest worry, I have kept them completely updated every step of the way but the boss has one of them voices that always sounds pissed off. He said we would talk on Monday. I so hope I don't lose my job if not Monday I hope at review time it doesn't effect me. I really like this job. So if you were thinking about me getting better cross your fingers about me keeping this job. The next few weeks will be a struggle financially with only a day and a half check.
Ok I'm completely tired right now I have done the 3 ssss's (shit, shower, & shave) and I need to get to bed, my own bed never looked so good. Good night all.


At 5:03 PM, Blogger jude cowell said...

Hi Mainiax,

Just discovered your blog. Glad you're feeling better!

That's quite a spread from a teen to a 4-year-old--i'm impressed!

Mine 2 are grown, & daughter just had 1st baby, so i've entered the hallowed halls of grannyism--eek!

It's great though--driving down to FL to meet baby Violet Grace for T'Giving--hope you & yours have a
Happy Holiday. Won't be the same this year though with all the hurricane victims who are still without, but let's do our best with our own, ok?

Best Regards,

Athens, GA

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get some rest and feel better Shell. :)


At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Get some rest and try not to worry.
*hugs* Glad you are feeling better.

At 6:03 AM, Blogger dan said...

hope everything goes okay with the job, but you're health comes above all else.


At 7:30 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Continued healing vibes to you! What a scare.

Take your convelesing (sp?) easy!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home