http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: secret pal 6

Sunday, September 11, 2005

secret pal 6

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I really like any yarn except for homespun I learned on it and now I hate it.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I have never spun my mother in law does, I can crochet a single chain but that is all so far.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
no allergies but I dislike avon perfumes,I dont know why I just always have

4. How long have you been knitting?
one year next month I'm a quick learner

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have a wish list on amazon.If it works the link is on my blog

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
my favorite all time candle is the black on by yankee candle called midsummers night. but I like all others no real dislikes

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
who doesnt

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do all kinds of crafts, I make lamps, paint ceramics pretty much anything to keep busy.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like any music I can understand the works too some of this new stuff the teens listen to I cant understand guess I'm showing my age. I grew up in the 80's if that tells you my age.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm not real big on purple, my favorites are blues, reds, black,white and the ladies at work tell me I look good in dark pink.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with a 15 year old daughter, a 5 year old son and a great husband. The only pet we have at this time is a guinea pig named Jesse.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I just discovered wool I made my mom a wool sweater and love it but it is expensive so I only get in once in awhile

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I dont like working with homespun anymore.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
my latest is making little purses I'm going to try and sell at a craft fair that is coming up.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
These purses are alot of fun and quick to do.

17. What are you knitting right now?
again right now I'm trying to get ready for the craft show.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I did make one for my mother out of aahh homespun the martha poncho I think that is what did me in for homespun

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I only have ever done one thing with circular it was different I could see liking it tho only having to knit around and around

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I started with all aluminum and just tried bamboo recently and love it alot would love to switch them all. I tend to knit tight and found I bent the plastic needles.

21. Are you a sock knitter?I tried it once so far and my fingers got all twisted around and something about using size 3 needles just didnt apeal to me I think with the right pattern I could learn to like them. I did make my mom some cottage socks got to love size 10 needles with chunky yarn.

22. How did you learn to knit?
a wonderful lady at work showed me, she has alot of patience.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
since I have only been knitting a year not too old, I never did finish the size 3 needle socks.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
my favorite animals are deer,bears and moose all maine animals.
for animated I would have to say mmmm tinkerbell when she gets mad in the movies and stomps her foot I love that part.


25. What is your favorite holiday?
most people probable say christmas and I'll have to agree

26. Is there anything that you collect?
not really I have alot of little collections but at this time not any one thing special.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none the lady at work does so I get hers when she is done got to love hand me downs.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
they are in my amazon wish list.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
I really want one of those mini sweaters that only covers your shoulders and arms. I saw one the other day that looks like a full sweater in the back but the front only has from your boobs up it was really cool.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I wear a size 8 in womans shoes if that helps. never measured my foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home