http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: Day from Hell

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Day from Hell

The title says it all today sucked but it had a good outcome so it was worth it.
Ray has been having a pain in his abdomen all week last night he said if it wasn't better today he was going to call the doc So I'm like ok since he is never sick I didn't think much of it till this morning. I was getting Michael ready for school when Ray called from work and said honey we have to call doc. So I said ok page him he will call you right back and get his opinion on what we should do. 10 minutes later he called back and said doc said we should go to the ER this morning before they get to busy he would have to send us there for test anyways so we should just start there. I brought Michael to school and came home called my work told them what was happening picked Ray up and brought him to the ER. I hate Er's we get there at 630 absolutely nobody in the waiting room cool this will be a breeze.
Well next comes blood test, ok white blood count is high then comes a cat scan. Guess what his appendix is swollen, then wait for the surgeon to look at the cat scan it is now 230 I am starved and the ER is packed standing room only at least they had us in a room but there were some people in the halls on cots Thats what getting there early gets you a room but it was still slow going. After talking to the surgeon he said its got to come out today. They wheeled him into surgery prep at 3:50. They came out at about 6:20 to talk to me. Everything went good they were able to do a laperscopy which is a small incision thru his belly button instead of a long scar. kinda cool it matches the scar I have from getting my tubes tied. They took his appendix out and drained some fluid that was around it, and gave him some antibiotics just in case there was some infection in the area. They brought him to his room around 7 he was still really groggy so I only stuck around till about 8 and I'm soo tired. What a stressful day for us both he has never spent the night in the hospital and never had any type of surgery,never been put to sleep or anything so he was just as nervous as I was waiting in the other room.
Michael is spending the night with my grandmother she is going to bring his to school tomorrow. Ray should be discharged tomorow some time. I am going to work my dad said he would pick him up but depending on what time that is I might just take off from work and get him I need to pick up my glasses anyways they came in today but I was not leaving the hospital to pick them up. Knitting night will have to wait also I need to take care of my man. You realize how much you love someone when they are sick and you cant do anything but watch someone else make them feel better. ok I'm babbling I need sleep I'll let you know when he comes home. G-night

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*hugs*
Hope he gets better soon dear!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

healing vibes to Ray and hugs to you. What a utterly stressful day!

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope he gets better soon. You are so good to take care of him.
I'm thinking of you.
SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home