http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: I'm such a dope

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I'm such a dope

Ok have you ever done something so stupid you felt like a complete loser. I did, I signed up for the secret pals knitting group. Its really cool you become a secret pal for someone and you get to be a pal to someone else. So I get my pal and this morning I use my anonymous email to send her a hello. Little do I realize the reply address had my name on it. So she send me a note back don't worry I wont look you up. This is my first secret pal that I have done so I look at the name. Do you know I haven't used that hotmail account in soooo long that it still had my previous married name on it. I almost died first I tell her who I kinda am then I realize if I sent anyone anything from that account it said Peterson. So I emailed her back and said don't worry you will never find me with that name I have been remarried for 5 years. So I covered myself that way and now she only knows my first name. I just feel like I blew it already. I do have a box ready to send her tho its on of my lamps I hope she likes it.
I got a really nice note from my secret pal. I do think this is going to be something really fun to do.
Oh on another note I think a lady at work might go to Boston with me on Oct 2 to the great American knitout in the Boston common. She is a lot older than me but since I really don't have many female friends to do things like this with it will still be fun. I want to take the train down so we don't have to worry about parking or anything it really depends on the weather that weekend and stuff.
Ok I got to go to the bathroom have a great night or day depending on where you live.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Boston on the train sounds fun! I hope you get to go.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger dan said...

that sounds like exactly the sort of mistake i'd make. noly you're fortunate that being a woman, you got to change your name.

hey m, i finally succumbed to MSN IM now I'm not as paranoid about viruses.

email me if u want to hook up sometime

 

Post a Comment

<< Home