Mainiax: timing is everything

Thursday, August 07, 2008

timing is everything

for those that know my you know I have crohns and a couple of months ago I had a partial blockage. Since then I have been really careful about what I eat. Well last week I had corn on the cob for the first time since then. Friday morning I got up feeling crampy, took a pain killer went back to bed and got up fine. I worked Friday night and Sat night. I had talked to Kats dad about going down to see Jo and the girls on Sunday after church everything was ok until I drove home Saturday night. I thought I just had to pee all the way home, I got home went to the bathroom and the pain in my side just kept getting worse and worse, finally I had to wake Ray crying what do I do I promise I will never eat corn again. He told me to go to the hospital and get checked out I knew I couldnt drive so I called my dad luckily he was home and not at his girlfriends. We did like 80mph all the way through town to the hospital. They at least didnt make me wait it was midnight on Saturday/Sunday but it did take 3 nurses, a doctor and seven tries to finally get an iv in by then I was crying please anything for the pain. once I had a double shot of morphine in me I got a ride to the c-scan I was so doopy I felt like I was in one of the shows where you see the lights above the stretcher going down the hall la la la Then I went back to my room and waited until 4am for them to tell me I had a kidney stone and a UTI well that was a first at least it wasnt a blockage that was my worse fear since I have only been at this job a couple of months and that would have laid me up for awhile. now about the timing is everything my insurance went into effect on Friday and this was Saturday my body was nice to me the entire time we were on Rays shitty insurance with really high copays. Sunday I didnt make it to see Jo, I hope they understand I never got out of my p j's well I take that back around 10 am Michael came in the room and said nana and grandma are stopping in on the way back north so I got up and helped pick up and put some shorts on while they were here. Monday I had to go to Augusta for a training class I apologized to the teacher before class because I had to keep running out to pee. and nope I never did find the stone in strainer of course I might have missed it but I do feel better. So that was my weekend how was yours?


ps still no word from my daughter but I did talk to her dad and she is mad at him and her grandmother too. grandma took the car away because she didn't pay the insurance and then took off to stay with friends. So at least it not just me she hates anymore. I so hope she finds a way to see what she is doing to everyone including herself and her little brother that misses her so much. here is a picture of them happy together


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home