http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: Finally

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Finally

I can finally tell you I have been holding it back for a week. But tomorrow morning I am giving my weeks notice at my job. I have been dispatching for a repair company that fixes construction equipment for the last couple of years. Well last week I got offered my dream job as a PD dispatcher. When I was in JR. high I did a report on the enhanced 911 system before it was even in Maine, I called LA. Cal. to do a phone interview with there chief to learn about the system because they were the first to use it. Back in February I was cleaning my shed and found that JR. high report. After high school I had went to college for one year for accounting and then transfered to another college and went for a year and a half towards my degree in Law Enforcement Tech then I met the ex ass quit school and gave up my dream. Well I found that report Ray and I talked and he said you know what start applying around see what happens follow your dream its time. Man I love that guy. I did two interviews got offered one part time job which I turned down to wait and see about the other one they had only offered part time because I didnt have experience. The wait paid off I got the position I really wanted the big test was a poligraph, it was the most nerve wracking things I have every done but I passed.
Next Tuesday I have to go to HR and do all my paper work then I go for training the following week for 3 days. I will be working 2nd shift once I am trained which I think will help with Michael I will be able to spend alot more time with him over the summer.
Hopefully tomorrow they dont let me go and let me work out the following week I dont want to screw them I only want to help them with end of month transfer all my stuff over and start my new carrier.
so now you understand why I was waiting to jump up and down I didnt want to get my hopes up but now I can yell to the world YIPPPEEEEE

I leave you know with Michael catching at little league he loves this position he is in every play and thinks its great. and I finally finished the back of rays sweater that I spun and am knitting. This is the sweater if it comes out good I will be entering in the local fairs just to see what happens. I'll be back soon wish me luck telling the boss tomorrow. :-)


2 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger queen said...

Congratulations on your new job!

I can't believe you spun and knit that sweater. That's amazing! I'm currently very humbled by my third try at sock knitting. Spinning and knitting: incredible!

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your job! You deserve to do something that makes you happy.

Michael looks so cute in his catcher's gear! My son has been on 3rd base lately, but usually only gets to play outfield.

-dsb-
devilishsouthernbelle.net | email

 

Post a Comment

<< Home