http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Mainiax: Training log

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Training log

I haven't been here in a long time and I decided today that this will be my training for a tri blog. I'm not very athletic but I'm not the type of person to sit still. So a few weeks ago I asked my dear hubby hey can have another kid, hey laughed nope I'm happy so I said ok lets move on if I cant have another baby lets get this body in better shape.
We just got memberships at the YWCA thru work, we went a couple of times and I met some people, I told one lady I have a goal I want to do tri-for a cure in 2011. She said why not this year you have 8 months mmmmm I'm thinking this may be do-able. The Y is having an indoor tri in March its 20 minutes on a bike, 20 minutes running and 20 minutes swimming and they add your times together. I have no plans on winning I just want to complete it.

This blog is now going to be all about my training or lack there of on bad days. I have a plan to go to the Y at least 3 times a week more if I'm not to tired as I work third shift some days are going to be more of a struggle to get there at times. I am going to have Ray take a picture of me in my swimsuit as embarrassing as it will be so I can get before and after pictures if this works I'm hoping there will be a big change between now and August.

Sooooo away we go

So on Thursday 1/7/10 I went to the Y with Mike I did 20 minutes on the Elliptical a little over a mile, then swam 6 laps, and played with Mike for a little while in the kids pool

Friday 1/8/10 went to the Y after working all night and swam 10 laps total had to stop at each end to catch my breath, as I noticed the other day when swimming I tend to only breath to the right side today I focused on trying to teach myself to breath to the left it was quite funny the lifeguard probably thought I was trying to drowned myself a couple of times. But anyways I did my 10 laps which is a little over 1/4 mile next time I'll try to watch my time to see how long it takes I forgot today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home